/tg/ WOD game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, the game...

+3
N!
Matthew Garnet
Gabriel Nash
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So, the game... Empty So, the game...

Post  Gabriel Nash Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Essentially a this point the forum is to discuss the possibilities of starting up a WOD game from /tg/. What kind of game do people want, etc? We do have a few people interested in a vampire game, but STs remain the sticky issue.

Gabriel Nash

https://tgwod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

So, the game... Empty Blarg

Post  aulste20 Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Well I know I can throw dots together quick for any vampire game. The others not so much. However the biggest question is who is our ST?

aulste20

Back to top Go down

So, the game... Empty Re: So, the game...

Post  Kobal Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:28 pm

G'day
I've run a game or two, I'd be up for both playing or storytelling. How quickly are you all looking to start?

Kobal

Back to top Go down

Post  Veirz Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Well personally I've been waiting awhile to play a game but that doesn't make me in a hurry... we already have an IRC channel if you wish to play there. (I definitely prefer IRC to PbP)

Veirz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobal Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:45 pm

well if IRC is where it's at we'll have to determine a time that's suitable for everyone, which really depends on the timezone of the people involved. I'm in Aus here, for example. I don't really sleep that much though :/.

Kobal

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Nash Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Mmm singapore, GMT+8 here.

Its really up to the people involved, IRC would be faster, but we need to pick how many days a week we want to run chats, and when.

Then we need to pick a game, e.g. masquerade or dark ages.

Rules and so on would probably follow after that.

Gabriel Nash

Back to top Go down

Post  Veirz Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:56 pm

YES! A ST that is Australian! So yeah I'm an Aussie I do got school tho.. other than that I'm usually pretty flexible.

Veirz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobal Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Well I'm in the middle of Stuvac for Uni. I basically can set a schedule to whatever but there'll be a few select dates in a week or so that I have exams on. Other than the holiday break has begun for me.

Kobal

Back to top Go down

Post  TMcCaine Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:30 pm

I am in the US (CST) but I work on salary on an on call basis. So that means I have a good deal of spare time on my hands. I have been looking forward to starting a game of something as my current groups players are looking for summer jobs and aren't as readily available as they once were.
Personally I have witnessed some bad forum games and some wordy ones too. Admittedly there is some concerns with playing online in this format but if we at least check the forum once a day the game should progress all be it slower than normal. But hay, you can also track it and go over the previous games in literal detail!
I have played all of the original WoD games, but I specialized in Ware wolf and bought only the essentials in the Vampire setting. When I divorced, my ex took all the character sheets and game fluff with her. She really loved vampire too.
Aside from my own babbling I would suggest starting a thread about the game rules and expectations. Obviously a web-forum is not local so a time zone specific gathering time is not going to be a consistent thing. Also I would like to discuss player habits and eventually get started on a proper ST. Once we have that established we can keep moving forward.

TMcCaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Nash Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:56 pm

Isnt this the thread for game rules and expectations? Razz

Well if we do have 2 STs, one for NA and one for Aus time, that would be great since it would cover the 2 major time zones(EU is close enough to NA to work).

Gabriel Nash

Back to top Go down

Post  TMcCaine Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:04 am

I was taking this more of an establishment thread.
Its best to have two story tellers when they can colab with each other almost religiously.
It isn't necessary online.
I am downloading the books to re-familiarize myself with them but I remember most of it. The clan disciplines and whutknot will be good to have on hand.

However, what is it we want to play?
The first thing that came to mind was a pulp fiction setting after WW1 and before WWII between the European countries and possibly America. Eliminates modern tech as the primary FU factor in situations and provides (in my opinion) a richer story environment as I find the characters to be less cliche in a bad way. Indiana Jones type stuff if you catch my drift. Good ol fashioned occult and leave the modern nazi crap to Hellsing.
I also pulled up a few of my ol house rules for flaws and merits because the stuff that the writers provided were more for storytelling rather than functionality. I have things like, military training, personal loans, business owner, and so on. And possibly two individuals who are interested too. One is a HUGE vampire fan and has been twisting my arm for a good ol vamp game. The other is a personal role playing friend who has nothing better to do.
Posting without proofing, as I am more interested in the feedback.

TMcCaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andros Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:13 am

However, what is it we want to play?

I havn't played this before, but I think what you're suggesting sounds good, sounds like an interesting setting that way. Don't have very much to add though since I'm at the moment reading through the rules to have a basic understanding of the game to start with.

Andros

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Nash Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:14 am

Hmm, well i suggest vampire dark ages personally. Im not too familiar with what happens during WW1-WW2 though.

Rules wise i think using dark ages speciality system would be good. Masquerade's rerolling 10s is kinda troublesome.

Gabriel Nash

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobal Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:25 am

The Dark Ages sounds okay. I have just been slogging through Riddle of Steel, so I might be a bit biased. However, modern settings are just as viable and I'm up for either. That post WWI idea was good. How about a cold war period spy game type game? I'm sure some of those new merits of yours could be adapted to it. On the flipside, I'm not extremely well versed in this period beyond a few documentaries and films.

Kobal

Back to top Go down

Post  Veirz Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 am

Well Kobal since I am in a similar timezone to you I guess I should look to you as the ST. I don't mind whether its dark ages or modern... but I would prefer modern to be post war so we don't have as much random annoyance factors at times to deal with. Because I would hate to lose a character to a random air raid. And would this game be oWoD or NWoD? I forgot.

Veirz

Back to top Go down

Post  TMcCaine Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:47 am

I was under the impression it was a VtM as in the original WoD setup. Of course I never researched the system beyond that. My roommate had a Dark Ages book and we played a few out of it, it was a nice change. If we choose the post war (between WW1 & WWII) time frame it is very plausable to have the Dark Ages system in play and a slow conversion to VtM as a backdrop. Perhaps a transition game as I am sure players will have characters old enough to know about WW1.

TMcCaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Nash Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Well the problem is the post WW1 period doesnt really fit dark ages...i mean archery as an ability? And im not sure how many people are familiar with what was happening during that time, both history and WOD wise.

I mean, it can be done, except that you guys need to come up with a setting for it(instead of say, using an existing one)

Gabriel Nash

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutter Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Ähm I would like to join, but I have only played nWoD once before and that was as a mage. I take it that we are going to play Vampire? Is it different mechanicly?

And were on IRC will we be? That is if you are not already full ofcourse.

Hutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Garnet Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Another Aussie here. I've only ever played a very basic Vampire game (the intro one) when I was first trying out WoD but I'm confident I can get up to scratch on it's rules quick enough. While I don't know my history very well a WW2 era game sounds pretty interesting.

Matthew Garnet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutter Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Also I'm a swede, but I heard that you had two ST.

Hutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Veirz Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Joseph we might be playing oWoD or nWoD still not sure about that but, this site is an online manual for oWoD. I am not totally sure about this but I believe TMCcain wishes to run a play by post game (forum game) while Kobal the Australian ST would prefer IRC. So Hutter it may be better for you to go with Cain's game and I will post the IRC name if I get permission from the channel host (he hates /b/tards getting into his games).

Veirz

Back to top Go down

So, the game... Empty oWoD online core book

Post  Veirz Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm

It seems to have killed my link ht tp://www .cln. ru/ ~alrick/ 3ed_vtm_ht ml/ remove the spaces... hopefully that works

Veirz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutter. Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Dont worry I'm no /b/tard. I do tend to get silly with my characters (not "lol I rape the dragon and pours some jelly in my pants, more like that my mage were a ex wrestler) But if he wants a serius game I'm happy to comply.

Hutter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Veirz Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh I didn't mean our ST I meant the IRC channel host.. he hates having to deal with /b/tards. I have no idea what our ST expects of us but you should be fine.

Veirz

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Garnet Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Thanks Veirz. The game I played was nWod but from the looks of that link I won't have any trouble catching up with oWod. Play by Post or IRC are both fine, neither are new to me. Though I've always found that games over IRC last a good deal longer. Getting people organized enough to show up on time is tricky, but it's most definitely worth it.

Matthew Garnet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next